Wednesday 30 May 2012

Ordering Alice: Madness Returns

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice:_Madness_Returns
So yesterday I scoured Amazon and Ebay in search of a game I have been interested in since its release in the UK. I've always been very interested in the more gothic sort of movies and games, such as films directed by Tim Burton and for some reason Bioshock has always kind of appealed to me.
I kind of forgot about the aforementioned game for quite a while until I stumbled - quite on accident - upon a Yogscast playthrough. And from there I found various cosplay videos and got really involved with the feeling of  Alice: Madness Returns.
It doesn't only look fun to play and quite challenging for me as I'm reasonably bad at even the smallest puzzles but it also has such a quirky and beautiful character design and I also really love the main theme, the extended version of which can be found here. I've also always found psychological stuff really interesting so I can't wait to see how Wonderland is warped in other places by Alice's insanity.
And would you just look at the design for her hysteria mode? It's just so perfect.
As you've gathered I just can't wait to play it.
Although what pissed me off was the difference in price for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. I think the cheapest PC one I found was around £10 but I want it for Xbox and the cheapest price (minus postage and packaging) was £14.99. I have also heard rumours that there's a download included on the game of American McGee's Alice. I hope if it is included for Xbox that I don't have to download it via Live because I have never bothered to get it.
Gosh, I'm actually really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment