Thursday 31 May 2012

Issues with tiny things from Avatar: The Last Airbender

Oh man I have been reminiscing recently and re-watching all of the Legend of Aang DVDs in the run-up to my package. Mainly I've been spurred by the newest series about Korra but it's also because I learnt one of my best friends has never watched it so I offered to watch it together with her.
SOURCE: uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1102486p1
I remember when I actually made a big deal out of watching the live-action movie and forced my family to watch it with me because I had heard about the rumour of the film from when I was younger and had loved the series from a really young age. But I was so disappointed with it and how it made such a funny and clever cartoon into such a witless bore. Actually I think a lot of people thought the same as me because I have seen a lot of reviews like this one. I usually wouldn't trust reviews after reading a negative Tekken: Blood Vengeance review which was completely incorrect (although I agree the ending of that film was really quite unnecessary), but honestly if you want to battle this point with me then don't even bother because the live-action film was a piece of trash.
However the cartoon I completely adore. One of my favourite episodes has to be when Sokka drinks cactus juice. I remember watching it when I was younger and laughing so hard. I mean look at these clips of Sokka (and there are plenty of other ones if you keep searching).
There was just one thing that kind of went wrong for me at the end of the series though. For some reason I really thought Zuko and Katara would end up together and I shipped them quite a lot. Though it was nice she and Aang ended up together I somehow really wanted them together more.
Oh well. I'm pretty sure a lot of people find that idea quite offensive. Like today my friend told me people ship Aang and Zuko (although that link is kind of funny) together. I mean yaoi's cool and everything but no I really couldn't ship that. That's impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment